Tuesday 20 October 2020

Albainn - Age of Magic


I've previously posted about using the Ysians and Érainn ranges for Age of Magic armies - well now it's the turn of my third and final Mierce Miniatures force; the Albainn.  

These stone-worshipping proto-Scots have a lot of creature and monster options - so could work for both The Horde or The Lords of the Wild battle boards.  I'll most likely use them as The Horde myself.

Warlord

I'll be using Dúngal, Mormaer of Dun Durn as my Warlord - and he is available on a pony too if I want a mounted option. Some of the Warchiefs options from the Albainn range would work well too.

Lieutenant

Any of the warrior-style options from the Warchiefs section of the Albainn range will work well - Ciniod, Brude or Skyclad Itaina all suit the 'Champion' faction special rule for The Horde.  As an aside, four of the Skyclad minis would work well as the special unit of Berserkers available to this battle board too.

Sorcerer

Either Gnith, Morsagart of Dun Durn, or Domnech, Sagart of Dun Durn are perfect options for this option!

Monsters

Anything from the Monstrous Beasts section of the Albainn range will do the trick here - I'll probably go Ettu, Revered Goghu for my monster choice, but there are various giant-types if that's your cup of tea!

Creatures

The Oghurithne are perfect for this - think of them as less-beefy Ogres.  Of course, if you want beefy Ogres then the Oghurs might be what you want! There are even Ogre-Centaurs to give a quadruped option - if that sounds your think then the Oghureach are worth checking out (but they aren't due for release until late-2021).

Hearthguard

The Gairmorlom are the better armed infantry option of the Albainn - or the Oghurithne could fulfil this role if not taking them as Creatures. Of course, you could always use Warchiefs minis that aren't serving as a Lieutenant too.  There is no mounted option as yet for this part of your force.

Warriors

The trusty spear-waving Gairlom are the answer here - although there is no mounted option I'm afraid.

Levies

Here the Elbharu are the option - although the minis have crossbows rather than the bow stated in The Horde's list I find that a small obstacle; the minis have a lot of character so I'll certainly be using them in my force.

War Machine

Now, whilst it's not a War Machine in the strictest sense, I plan to use a Magágg or a Cormorágg as a rock-throwing living machine of destruction!

These fit quite well and I think it'll be easy to make a nicely themed force!  

No comments:

Post a Comment