Sunday 8 January 2023

The ADHS Diaries - part 1


As mentioned in my first post of 2023 - here's the first in my ongoing series of ADHS Diary posts.  These will be simple run throughs of what I've been doing hobby-wise - mostly to help me feel positive about my hobby and to allow me to look back on the progress I've made. Here we go!


This past week has been largely prepping and sand-dipping a host of different things.  I'm building up quite the backlog to prime when weather eventually allows!

Malifaux
The M2E Shenlong box arrived - it actually got prepped rather quickly by my standards!  The minis were straight forward enough to assemble - the trickiest being the Monks of High River, but even they were easy compared to some Malifaux minis!  I had started assembling the Performer keyword, but that might be a bit too fiddly right now, so it's on pause.  I'll either wait until I'm in a better head space or I'll pick another (simpler) keyword to assemble instead.

Middle Earth Strategy Battle Game
I've prepped the Good troops - and Madril - and have prepped Gorbag and the 3D printed Shadow Lord/Ringwraith proxy I got too.  I'll work on Faramir and Damrod next, then turn attention to the Orcs, Troll and Gothmog (foot and on Warg versions).  The ruins look a bit of a faff so they can wait a while as I've got a busy week coming up work-wise; otherwise I expect the miniatures from the Battle of Osgiliath set to be all prepped by the time my next diary post rolls round.

Of Gods and Mortals
The Celts and Slavs are all prepped now - if I mention I'm considering any more chariots remind me how much I dislike assembling them OK?

The Silver Bayonet
I'm still waiting on a couple of orders - one of various larger monsters and one of Sidhe warriors (well, Wood Elves, but you get the idea).  These should be relatively easy to prep once they arrive though, so might be a nice low-effort kinda hobby session one night this coming week to keep momentum going.

Star Wars Legion
This remains in its boxes - although I do have some weird and wonderful stuff on order! I think this will wait until the various things arrive so that I can blitz through them all together though.


1 comment: