Monday 24 October 2022

Operation Winter Is Coming 2022


Long-time readers may recall previous years O:WiC where I try to prep as much as possible (ie. clean up, assemble, sand dip and prime) before the winter really hits here.  I've been beavering away and while I don't have any pictures (out of the habit a bit!) I wanted to note here, for myself if nothing else, where I'm at right now.

Malifaux
I've got my Sonnia crew box and the Witching Hour box all prepped and primed now - not sure I'm going to add anything to the Witch Hunter keyword, so that's that one done I think.  I've also prepped 2/7s of the Crossroads Seven - namely Gluttony for the Bayou and Sloth for the Ressers.  Not entirely sure why I decided to do those two, it was pretty much on a whim one day!

I've asked for this year's Rotten Harvest boxes for my forthcoming birthday, so that'll net me another Guild posse in the form of a Day of the Dead themed Lady Justice. Watch this space for that one - and yes, it'll mean I have a second Santa Muerte in the collection!

The Men Who Would Be Kings
I got the Pendraken Zulu War pack which includes British and Zulu forces and have got those prepped too.  I need to get a few more bases to finish the Zulu side (I opted for oval bases and ran out after four units!).

I note that Pendraken have previewed their Russo-Japanese war range refresh, which is likely to lead to another TMWWBK project at some point - although not necessarily this side of Winter!

When Bad Meets Evil
I noticed that with the British side above, if I picked up some Boers from Pendraken I could also play some Anglo-Boer war games.  I plan to get these, with a blockhouse, come pay day later this week.

Dracula's America
I already have all the posses I'd want for this, but there were a few summons and unwanted guests that I didn't have.  I got the Crucible Crush Fearsome Flying Head for one of these, the rest I found suitable minis for in the Rocket Pig Games range which I had printed by Fully Cycled.

The Silver Bayonet
I've added a small number of extra members of l'Ordre - an Imam, a Vivandiere and a Nun.  I've also got a Rabbi on order (come on Xyston, pull your finger out!) and he'll have a Golem (Rocket Pig again).  I've also added a mascot for my band in the form of a Pyrenean Mountain Dog.  I've acquired a couple more monsters too - bigger, more gnarly things than the rulebook contains...

The Burning Sands
Only a Sand Worm (Rocket Pig) and a boulder-lobbing Giant (Alternative Armies) for this - although I intend to add a few more bits and bobs before Winter arrives!

Proxima Centauri
I've added a few more character miniatures, as well as a group of mercenaries - all from Alternative Armies various 15mm sci-fi ranges.

Scenery
I've got a few random scenery bits and pieces - 15mm sheep pen and chicken coop (primarily for The Silver Bayonet, but good for En Garde and even Kobolds and Cobblestones perhaps), some 15mm wattle fences and, a rather hefty Causeway for 10mm (total impulse purchase cause it was really cheap!).

Of Gods and Mortals
I've got a Norse force prepped and primed now - Freyja from Bad Squiddo (via a competition I won from MiniMentions on Twitter), other stuff from Copplestone, Magister Militum and Bandua.  I keep toying with ideas around a few other mythologies - Celtic and Japanese but Slavic never totally disappears from my mind!

Bolt Action
I'm aiming to add some Korean War to the 10mm Bolt Action collection - going for American and North Korean.  I'm aiming for the 65th Infantry - The Borinqueneers - but I might add a unit of Fighting Fillipinos.  

Not too bad... now to plot and plan for payday!

No comments:

Post a Comment