Wednesday 1 December 2021

State of the ADHS Nation - December 2021


It has been a while hasn’t it?  Between new puppy, brain gremlins, work and more there just hasn’t been much spare mental capacity for hobby.  There’s been no painting for weeks – and barely any assembly/prep.  Just one of those things, but I’m trying to formulate ways to start making progress once more.

If you follow me on Twitter you may have noticed I had a birthday at the end of October – and it was something of a milestone so I got spoilt!  First up my better half decided to go for a huge stack of Malifaux boxes – which I supplemented through some canny purchases (including some pre-owned bits) using some gifted birthday money.  This is what has joined the collection (some has also been ordered from various store clearouts of old M2 stock on Black Friday so I’m waiting for those):-

Arcanists
Colette Core Box
Waiting in the Wings
Toni Core Box
Troubleshooters
Union Steamfitters (awaited)
Slate Ridge

Bayou
The Brewmaster Core Box (awaited)
Zoraida Core Box
A Light in the Dark
Amphibious Assault
Gautreaux Bokors
See Ya Later
Silurids
Big Brain Brin (awaited)
Listen Up!
When Pigs Fly

Explorer’s Society (and Ten Thunders)
Lucas Core Box (awaited)

Neverborn
Dreamer Core Box
Teddy
Things That Go Bump
Pandora Core Box
Juvenile Delinquents

Outcasts
Hamelin Core Box
Brotherhood of the Rat
Tainted Filth
Leveticus Core Box
Desolation
Marlena Webster
Necropunks

Resurrectionists
Molly Core Box
The Lost
Reva Core Box
Draugr
Mourners
The Returned
Seamus Core Box
Bête Noire
Undertow

From Trials… I got this awesome 10mm scale ruined castle.  It’s going to be perfect for all sorts of settings in 10mm, but will be a great focal point for my Rampanthammer in particular:


It comes in two layers that easily and cleanly fit together – I’m very impressed!

My workplace had also done a collection for my birthday, and as some colleagues know my better half they tapped her up for ideas – and she suggested Pendraken gift vouchers… so now I’ve got the things to replace my ACW tribute project in 10mm (I need the space after all), I’ve finally taken the plunge on the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth vs Ottoman Empire project I’ve had in my mind for ages and I even had enough left over for some Aztecs to do 10mm Tribal plus some 15mm market tables for Burning Sands (and Of Gods and Mortals etc etc).  Not bad at all!

I’ve ordered the rulebook for Gamma Wolves (thanks to Trials… helpfully suggesting mecha as a small side project when I had some cash burning a hole in my pocket over the autumn) – and I’ve got a selection of Reaper CAV mecha minis that I intend to use.  These seem great value – much cheaper than Battletech options so a good way to dip the toe into the mecha wargaming world.

The new hotness in wargaming right now seems to be The Silver Bayonet – well I didn’t want to miss the hype train (as it’s a fun setting hot-or-otherwise!) so I’ve got that rulebook coming too.  I also had enough cash spare to get some test minis from the 18mm AB range (via Eureka UK) – enough for a ragtag bunch of monster hunters and a few opponents to boot. Other enemies etc will be a future purchase for sure once I can get a feel for how AB scales up against MM, RPE, AA etc.

There’ll be more on both Gamma Wolves and The Silver Bayonet once I’ve got them and can digest and sort more concrete plans!

So whilst the ‘doing’ might still be proving tricky, the plotting, planning and acquisition side is certainly continuing! 😊

2 comments:

  1. You're doing a grand job. I need to get me some of these Cav miniatures once Christmas is done with

    ReplyDelete
  2. RampntHammer and Burning Sands FTW!!

    ReplyDelete