Sunday 25 July 2021

Sons of Adonis Mercenary Lochos complete!


The final (for now... those Persians are still a possible!) Lochos for 15mm Mortal Gods - the mercenary band I've called the Sons of Adonis!  As with the Athenians and Spartans these are all Museum Miniatures Z range of Classical Greek Hoplites.

First the heroes - one fella is clearly very proud of his physique:


I opted for a more detailed freehand shield on these compared to their Athenian and Spartan rivals - I looked at a range of hoplite shield designs and plumped for the trophy design as I thought it the simplest to do - I think it turned out OK for the size mini!

Next up are some bands of Hoplites - first a couple of proudly buff chaps (using the Sacred Band minis from Museum):


Next some light hoplites wearing skirts:


Finally on the hoplite front - some heavy hoplites (clearly less proud of their physique than most of the Lochos!):


Rounding out the Lochos are a couple of groups of slingers:


I opted for pink for this Lochos - it'll mark them out from the other Greeks (and I intend to use purple for any Persians so that colour wasn't an option!).  I actually think the pink pops quite well!  The basing scheme is the same as the other Lochos to place them all in the same world.

No comments:

Post a Comment