Sunday 13 June 2021

Spiky Sunday


In order to really play up those stereotypes and tropes I knew I'd need a range of cacti for our Wild/Weird West set games.  Today I'll show you how those 3D printed ones I shared a while ago look all painted!  I've given them the same basing style as the fences I've shared previously (and that I'll use on miniatures for this setting) to ground them in the same world.  I've got a few of each of the sculpts which means I can patch multiple together to create hazardous patches of terrain as well as just use them singularly as decorative thematic elements.

Let's start with the iconic Saguaro Cactus:


Kind of a must for Wild West games, right?

Next a variety of Columnar-style Cacti, and a Prickly Pear type:


I opted for pink flowers on any of the sculpts that had them to give a little pop of colour.

Finally, a Barrell Cactus and a couple of sizes of succulents:


Overall I'm pretty happy with my little collection of model cacti! I think they'll add a nice amount of detail to what could otherwise be pretty dusty looking table set ups!

No comments:

Post a Comment