Wednesday 12 May 2021

Sengoku Arachnids


Some more SMH stuff today - this time all spider-related! (nb I don't like spiders).

As always, all miniatures are from Alternative Armies (mostly their 15mm Fantasy Sengoku Japanese range).

Starting with the Spider Devils - on the larger body I used a human torso:


I went for a very unnatural look for this one.

On the smaller body I used the Ox head (to match the Ushi-Oni depicted in the Hyakkai Zukan):


I even gave it blue eyes like in the Hyakkai Zukan.

I also ordered the Arachnid Swarm to use as giant spiders:


These are one-piece resin miniatures.  I painted them in a scheme inspired by the Jorō Spider, which we had seen on a previous trip to Japan.

I'm not looking forward to our hunters facing this arachnid menace!

No comments:

Post a Comment