Tuesday 11 May 2021

Battlescale - Timber Framed, Clapboard, and Walls


No - it's not a wargamer rendition of the Three Little Pigs, it's the contents of my order from the absolutely brilliant Battlescale

So, I placed an order to get some scenery that would work for my projects I have coming - ECW and Fenian Raids.  As with my previous order for my Tudor project, these are all superbly cast, with pretty much no clean up (except the usual wash!) or fixing needed - if only all purveyors of resin miniatures/buildings were as good as Battlescale eh?

The Timber Framed range of 10mm buildings seemed a good choice for ECW, so I ordered a variety...

First, the rather impressive Merchants House - this is a tall three-storey building that'll provide a good centrepiece to the collection:


A particularly characterful piece is the Gatehouse:


Rather brilliant isn't it?

I got one each of the two two-storey houses from the range - as you can see one has a smaller annex, the other features the overhanging second floor that is quite often seen on real life buildings of this type:



I also got the single-storey building - which has a nice L-shape to it, providing even more variety:


Finally from the Timber Framed range I ordered a pair of Cottages:


(that shows the front and back - they are the same building)

I also bought the Village Shrine - I'll probably use this also for the Tudor project (well until Battlescale make a Celtic High Cross that is.... I'm secretly hoping if I mention it enough here and on Twitter it'll magically make it a reality one day 😆)


I then turned my attention to the Fenian Raids project... I figured Clapboard was the way to go for this one.  First up, the Clapboard House:


It's a good size too - something to help give a focal point in a game as an objective perhaps.

I also ordered the Clapboard House and Carriage Shed for some variety:


I particularly like the small entry to the basement you can see on this side!

Finally I bought a pair of Tiled Timber Cottages which seemed to fit well enough with the Clapboard look.  I'm not sure why I buy two each of the smaller buildings (see above and the pair of Crofts for the Tudors...)...


(again that's back and front - they are two of the same building)

Finally on this order I opted for the rural wall set... this represents absolutely incredible value for money.  It's a twenty piece set, with corner pieces, straight lengths, a couple with gates and a couple of breached sections.  I cannot express how good the value is... seriously, go order this (and/or the equivalent hedge set) straight away before Battlescale realise it's mispriced or something!

Anyway, here's a couple of pics showing the different pieces in the set:



I feel I have to add here that I am in no way affiliated with Battlescale - I'm just a very happy (and impressed) customer!  The ranges they have will certainly help me continue my forays into 10mm (and 6mm) gaming! Very, very highly recommend their products (and service) to all.

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    This post is useful, I have just got some pendraken off ebay for the British and Canadians.

    Look forward to more post on this.

    Take CareRich
    #

    ReplyDelete