Tuesday 4 May 2021

Cats, Dogs and Foxes


Some more Sengoku Monster Hunter today - this time it's the turn of Nekomata, Inugami and Kitsune!

First up is the Nekomata - a cat yokai.  I looked up art to try to decide what kind of look to go for - I couldn't find anything that seemed to be a 'typical' Nekomata but I did come across some cool art that was heavy on the blue ghost fire look, so I decided on blue!


I wanted these to look very obviously unnatural - which I think this has achieved!

Then it came to the Inugami, dog yokai.  I decided on a similar look as the Nekomata - but this time went for red:


Finally in this group - the Kitsune, the famous fox yokai.  These I used varying tones to make each look different - but all inspired by the Ninetails pokemon (which is itself taken from the legends about Kitsune of course):


These three groups of yokai are all available from Alternative Armies of course if you want your own animal yokai!

No comments:

Post a Comment