Monday 10 May 2021

Athens rises!


The next Lochos in the 15mm Mortal Gods project is, of course, Athens.  As with their Spartan rivals, I picked a couple of Commander miniatures to function as heroes in the Athenian warband:


In a similar way to the Spartans, I selected a couple of packs of Hoplites in different styles to provide options for the Lochos.  As it turns out, I'd opted for two types that match the helm-styles of the two heroes (nice when things work out eh?).  First the Corinithian style (the one most people think of when they think Greek helmet I suppose):


Thanks to having a spare one of these from a Mortal Gods Lochos I'm still assembling, I've been able to make three groups of these Hoplites.

The other pack I selected was the high-crested version - here's the three poses in that pack.  I've got two groups of these ones in the Lochos:


Finally I opted for a pack of Archers (without shields) to provide the ranged threat:


I've got two groups of these prepped to fight for Athens.

I do still have one more Lochos to prep - a mercenary band... watch out for those!

No comments:

Post a Comment