Wednesday 19 August 2020

ガシャポン - Neo-Shinjuku's favourite impulse purchase!

 


If you follow me on Twitter (@alex_and__a) you may have seen me talking about some Neo-Shinjuku detailing scenery that I was discussing with a seller.  Well, after messages back and forth between bazza_18 and me he was well up for the challenge and sorted me out with something I considered essential for my Neo-Shinjuku set up for Infinity, but had found impossible to source elsewhere...the iconic Gashapon Machine!


These are absolutely perfect! I plan to paint them in classic Gashapon colours, and will look at some suitable graphics to attach to the window-parts, but that's not critical as they will look great as is.  I took a shot with a random Domaru who was helpfully hanging around to give you a sense of size:

"I hope I get the Pompompurin charm this time, I've already got two Keroppi ones!"

These will work well as cover as well as detailing - and they can form a whole wall, or even set up back to back (like you see in malls there).

The prints are all really clean and won't take much to get ready for priming (sourcing some primer seems the trickiest thing as my usual supplier is out!).  Bazza_18 is a really helpful and friendly seller - he's already taken up the quest to sort more scenery bits suitable for my Neo-Shinjuku - I can really recommend buying from him!

Of course, my primary use for these will be Infinity, but I'll no doubt also use them for Hardwired, Reality's Edge and more!

No comments:

Post a Comment