Wednesday 29 July 2020

Wave Man Buntai (up to no good no doubt!)


I've previously posted the Onna-Musha and Ninja Buntai I've prepped - well here's the last (for now!) Buntai - a Rōnin Buntai.  I've deliberately gone for a non-romanticised version of these masterless warriors for this force - these are dangerous and desperate men, not honourable, tragic figures.

The bulk of the Buntai is from Footsore's Warring Clans range.  First I picked up a selection of rōnin and unarmoured samurai models to use as 'average' types:


L-R these are: Walking Samurai with Katana, Yoshito the Rōnin, Rōnin and Travelling Samurai.  Obviously they'll get cool names when they are painted!

Also from Footsore I picked up a couple of my favourite miniatures from the Warring Clans range - these I intend to use as the 'lieutenants' of the Buntai:


On the left is Akagi Kazki, Rōnin Swordmaster and on the right is Banzuiin Chōbei.  I replaced the metal pike that was included with Chōbei with a plastic spear from the Warlord plastic samurai sprue that I found in the old Test of Honour box.  Again, these will get cool names when they've been painted.

Finally, for the leader of the Buntai I picked up one of the (now) Warlord of Erehwon Samurai Heroes from an eBay seller I frequent:


This nodachi armed chap is the the only one in the Buntai to wear a bit of armour - but he's clearly also the most bad-ass as he is strolling around bare-chested! I liked this model back when it was first released but just didn't have a reason to pick it up before - I think he makes a suitable boss for this Rōnin Buntai!

No comments:

Post a Comment