Monday 6 July 2020

Bad Squiddo - Feudal Japan minis


When I was contemplating what to spend this month's hobby funds on a couple of suggestions got some support on Twitter - one being Samurai in 28mm.  Well, I'd been reading the Daishо̄ book and connected with the 'as fantasy as you want it to be' setting and the low model count so thought I'd collect up a few Buntai (warbands).  I was already aware of the Feudal Japan range by Bad Squiddo and thought this was the perfect project to give me an excuse to pick up a couple of packs!

First up I got the Tomoe Gozen & Bodyguards pack - although she'll get a new name in our games (would be a bit of a tall order to live up to the real Tomoe Gozen on the table!):


Three really cool minis - they'll get the base texture dip and then when I can source some primer some day they'll move on to that stage!

I ummed and ahhhed a little on the second pack but eventually settled on the Onna-musha pack - this was for two reasons; first they are all wearing awesome heavier armour than the Onna-bugeisha packs, secondly the pack included a really nice naginata-armed mini:


Again, these will be base texture dipped before moving on to priming some day.

The sculpts are all really nice - lots of character but nothing over the top.  I like how out of the six minis in this Buntai, three have helmets - these women mean business!

I've got a couple of opposing Buntai making their way to me so keep an eye out on the blog for more Feudal Japan minis.

No comments:

Post a Comment