Tuesday 26 May 2020

Seller - Arcane Scenery and Models


Now, Arcane Scenery and Models isn't a new to me seller, but I recently placed an order so thought I'd show what I got here along with a little of my plans for the stuff!

Arcane is a really reliable seller - I've used them for ages now for both miniatures and general hobby supplies.  Good prices, great range and free shipping - this last bit is big; it makes them cheaper than a lot of others out there that don't offer that (and it's not something silly like 'free shipping over £100' either, it's just straight up free shipping).

So, as to what I picked up this time - I mainly went to pick up some trees suitable for Burrows & Badgers (as the Mrs is really keen for that to hit the table!) - I decided on this three pack of Javis Countryside Scenics Trees:


The colour was the closest to an autumnal vibe that I've used on our Burrows & Badgers stuff.  I plan to base these up individually so that they can be used individually or together depending on what we want!

I also spotted these Jordan flowering bushes - there are 6 in the pack, with either red or yelllow flowers:


Again I'll base these individually to maximise how we can use them. Another useful item for all sorts of games in wilderness settings I think!

Finally on plant-related matters I picked up a bag of Javis Tree Foliage - this is for my Na Coillte Dorcha project, specifically for the centrepiece mini:


I had a little browse and spotted a Sarissa pack I'd been after for a while at an offer price - well it would have been silly to not take the opportunity!


It's the planter set from the Gangs of Rome tie-in range - although it'll also find use in Mortal Gods, Broken Legions, Carnevale and more no doubt!

Finally, I spotted this caravan from Sarissa's Gaslamp Alley range:


Now, offensive name aside (although I understand why they did it, especially in the UK), as someone of Romani descent I was very impressed with the way this has been designed, especially in MDF/cardstock.  I thought it would make a nice change of style in Burrows & Badgers and 28mm Dragon Rampant - but if I add Romani in Carnevale it might even make an appearance there!


No comments:

Post a Comment