Thursday 16 April 2020

Sons of Scylla - Companions


For my birthday last year I received a whole bunch of Mortal Gods stuff - well I've finally started prepping the minis!

As I mentioned in my post last year, I planned to use the majority of the starter set to form a mercenary Lochos - I've called them the Sons of Scylla to make them sound dangerous...

The bulk of any Lochos in Mortal Gods are the companions; the hoplites and skirmishers form the backbone of the force.

So, here's the light hoplites for the Sons of Scylla - three bases worth:


The 'leader' type guy will potentially be used as a veteran or if I need a lone dude at any point - so the lucky guy gets a name! He can be called Sinon:


I also made up three bases of heavy hoplites (well, proper hoplites I suppose):


The guy in the transverse crested helmet can be the veteran/solo guy when needed - so his name can be Onetas:


Finally for the companions, I went for two bases of peltasts (Athenians are getting archers and Spartans are getting slingers, so the Sons of Scylla get javelins!):


All these are Victrix miniatures - I found them a chore to do to be honest; not because of any issue with them (they are solid sculpts with enough detail to be interesting), just hard work!

Coming soon - the Heroes!

No comments:

Post a Comment