Wednesday 15 April 2020

Introducing Hrafndottir's Raiders


For Christmas I received a whole army of Bad Squiddo Shieldmaidens from my wife!


Of course, every army needs a leader - here's Brynhildr Hrafndottir, Scourge of the Cenél Conaill:


Next, a musician (Inga) and standard bearer (Svala):


The warband box also included Dagmar, a champion:


A unit of sword-armed Hearthguard next - I'll call them Asleif's Hearthguard:


Next a unit of axe-armed Heathguard - these I'll call Katla's Hearthguard:


I also received a unit of Fanatics - I'll call these Thurid's Hearthguard:


Finally for the elite-type choices, a unit of Berserkers - Bolla's Berserkir (the one with the double-handed axe on the front left is one of my new all-time favourite minis - she can be Bolla!):


A unit of hand weapon-armed Bondi come next - Gudrun's Bondi:


And some spear-armed Bondi too (spears from North Star) - Ljufa's Bondi:


I also received a pack of Ravens - not sure what to use them for yet, but prepped them along with the rest of the Bad Squiddo stuff:


The Seer mini provides an option in some rulesets - I'll call her Hedinfrid the Grey:


Finally - time for a beer?


Really love the sculpts - and the casts didn't need much clean up at all.  These will most likely see action set against my Irish army - I have a feeling it'll get quite bloody!

1 comment: