Thursday 7 November 2019

Mortal Gods - getting started


I had my birthday recently and my wife got me a bundle of Mortal Gods stuff! If you haven't heard about the game, it's from Footsore and is a skirmish game set in ancient Greece. The game uses a mix of metal (or limited resin runs) miniatures from Footsore or the range of Victrix plastics.

Starting with the Core Set:


This has got the rulebook (obviously), dice, cards and the like to get playing - along with a nice selection of plastic Victrix sprues:

16 Mercenary Hoplites
8 Unarmoured Hoplites
8 Peltasts
6 Slingers

Add a Lochagos and a Promarchos and it's a nice Mercenary Hoplites Lochos ready to fight for glory!

But that's not all - I also received both the Spartan and Athenian boxes too!


These each contain a booklet, cards and a selection of miniatures.

In the Spartan box there was:

Meonas the Harvester (Spartan Lochagos) - metal mini
Spartan Hoplite - metal mini
Helot - metal mini
8 Spartan Hoplites
8 Unarmoured Hoplites

The Athenian box has:

Andronikos the Defender (Athenian Lochagos) - metal mini
Athenian Hoplite -metal mini
Light Hoplite - metal mini
8 Athenian Hoplites
8 Unarmoured Hoplites

Both boxes also include 19 metal shields each - the Athenians' shields feature the Owl symbol of their patron goddess, while the Spartans have the famous Lambda.

Add a few more options (I want some Marine Archers for the Athenians and some Krepteia for the Spartans!) and that's another two Lochoi!

But that wasn't all I got - included in the bundle were a couple of metal miniatures - the first I believe to be a Medium Promarchos; he can fit in with the mercenaries I think!


The second definitely has a touch of the Leonidas I about him! He's got a couple of weapon options and some head options too.  I think he's got to go with the Spartan Lochos really doesn't he!


I'm looking forward to working out what I want to pick up to round out each of the three Lochoi I've got minis for!  Footsore are also releasing other factions - Persians are already out and the Thrakians are on their way too.  I might not be able to resist the Persians...

1 comment: