Thursday 14 February 2019

The Redshanks


When planning MacSweeney's Company I knew from the start I wanted to add a unit of Highlanders - these can be used whether the Company sees action in Ireland or in Scotland as they can easily represent Redshanks mercenaries.

I picked up a pack of Lochaber axe armed Highlanders from Warlord Games - these will be a perfect Forlorn Hope with the Aggressive upgrade.  I've named them the MacDonald Redshanks:


I also picked up an individual Highlander mini from Warlord that can either be a hero to replace one of the axemen, or even as a leader in his own right in some campaign - he's called Fearghus of Clan MacDonald:


From Bicorne Miniatures I picked up some of their Highlanders - a pack armed with sword and shield and a command pack.  These I'll use as Clansmen in TPL - I've called them the MacCleod Redshanks:


The pointy chap with the claymore I've called Aonghas MacCleod and he can be used as a hero if needed.

In the command pack there was also a priest/agitator type mini - I've prepped him and he might see use as an NPC, or some kind of objective.  I'll call him Diarmad:


The Bicorne Miniatures pieces go very well with the Warlord minis (and Perry Miniatures for that matter).  Really pleased I took a punt on them!

1 comment: