Saturday 29 July 2023

The ADHS Diaries - part 13


It's been a funny old month - signed off sick with work-related stress and depression, the launch of Threads (@alexdoeshobbystuff - it's like wargaming Twitter but without the racism, misogyny and homo/transphobes!), and actually done some painting (shock!!)

Burrows & Badgers
I've ordered a couple of market stalls that I intend to add to the scenery collection for The Bear's Wood.  Hopefully they'll look as good as in the photos!

Carnevale
I finally picked up the Lacrimosa to add to the Vatican collection!  I also spotted the Varcolac (werewolf) for the Strigoi at a good price so snapped that up at the same time.  Finally I figured what the heck and ordered the Unholy Union to add to the Doctors - so many arms to work out where to put!!

Middle Earth Strategy Battle Game
The proxy Outriders, King's Huntsman and some more Rohan warriors with bows arrived and after minimal clean up have been prepped and primed to join their comrades.  I also finally got a Shagrat with sword/shield (rather than the one holding the mithril vest which is ten a penny) to add to the Mordor force - kinda felt I had to have him given I've got 9 Mordor Uruk-Hai!

Mordheim
Well first up, I only went and painted Da Iron Moonz warband (Night Goblins) - this means I've painted more this year than 2022 already and I'm actually hitting a stride painting-wise; as I write this I'm waiting for a wash to dry on the Black Lion Brigade (Witch Hunters).  I had originally planned to paint Grodrik Gromnisson's Last Hurrah (Dwarfs) but realised I was one shield down on each dude having a different design... well a quick shufti on eBay later and I have one of the Anvil of Doom guard shields, so they'll be next after the Brigade I think.

Punkapocalyptic
I wasn't sure what to get this hobby fund period and thanks to helpful Threads conversations I mostly opted to build up the terrain collection - primarily for Punkapocalyptic; some scrap/tyre/barrel barricades, a fairly large toxic pool (complete with half-submerged barrels of ooze) and a pair of billboards (TTCombat).  I think a couple of car wrecks might be good to add to this, and TTCombat do some nice ruined modern buildings that could be good options perhaps.

The Silver Bayonet
When I heard the news about Magister Militum closing/looking for a buyer I figured I'd better get stuff I really wanted ordered - all for Silver Bayonet shenanigans; bats, rats, black dogs and a cool looking Earth Elemental type thing.

Xenos Rampant
I had a £5 bonus from Amazon so figured I might as well get the XR rulebook.  It's looking rather promising indeed; I'm currently thinking it'll see use for both Star Wars and for Infinity.  This could well bump those minis up the 'to prep' queue!

1 comment: