Tuesday 4 July 2023

The ADHS Diaries - part 12


So what have I been up to since last I blogged?  Let's have a little look shall we?

Malifaux
I've finished prepping the last of the Bayou collection (well, pending the arrival of some 40mm resin swampy bases I ordered that is) and the last of the Resser Versatiles (Mortimer and the Mindless Zombies) are prepped too.  Still got Amalgam, Plague/Vermin, Frontier, DUA/Umbra and Syndicate to go - but I think I want a break from the poly cement for a while now!

Middle Earth Strategy Battle Game
I've prepped and primed the four Hobbits (Weathertop versions) - and added a Boromir (standard horn toting chap) and Gandalf the Grey (Orthanc version).  I've got some more 3d prints coming to add to the Rohan collection - a proxy King's Hunstman and some Outriders.

Punkapocalyptic
I caved and got a Spark to add to the Children of the Black Blood - Sparks are the ones on motorbikes, so that'll add a different element to the gaming experience.  He's prepped and primed.  Still need to get some scenery however, at least some scatter terrain I think - and a couple of billboads I reckon will look cool.

Rampanthammer
Well... I went and added a few more options to each of the armies!  So far I've received and prepped some Arabyan light cavalry Dogs of War and a proxy Cursed Company to add to the Empire force.  I'm waiting for some 3d printed stuff to add to the Nurgle and Skaven forces - a trio of Dragon Ogres and a Sorcerer Lord for Nurgle and some weapon teams for the Skaven.  I'm currently tempted to add some more Dogs of War to make a small spin-off force, but it seems nowhere in the UK is selling prints of the Polish Lightning Dogs of War Characters any more... 😒 I'd settle for just the Paymaster to be honest!

The Burning Sands
I placed a small order with Alternative Armies at the end of June (see The Silver Bayonet entry below) and it included a freebie towering rock monster.  I decided to include him in the collection of monsters for The Burning Sands.  By Crom that'll be a tough encounter!

The Silver Bayonet
I got a few Alternative Armies bits to add a couple more monster types - the new dog man monster from the Carpathian expansion (I don't have my book with me as I write this to put its proper name 😅).  I also got a couple of Ogre Brigands that I intend to use alongside the various bandits in the collection - might be fun!

Looking ahead...
I'm hoping to start actually painting for the first time in a while - the only other painting I've done this year was the Dead of Dunharrow (once basing scheme for MESBG is sorted I'll add vegetation and then get pics taken to share here!) so I'm a little bit daunted to crack out all the paints - the Dead were easy cause it was just basically a contrast paint and white drybrush!

No comments:

Post a Comment