Wednesday 17 August 2022

Wishlist and Plan-list


My mind has been turning over various ideas recently - some I can find suitable ranges for, others I can't... If you happen to know of suitable sources please do get in touch!

Wishlist

This is the stuff I can't find - either at all, or in my preferred scale (10mm).

I'm a big Shin Sangokumusō (or Dynasty Warriors if you prefer) fan; it actually led me to read the full Romance of the Three Kingdoms by Luo Guanzhong!  I would love to find a range of 10mm late Han/Three Kingdoms era Chinese - but what I'd love even more are some options for some of the great individuals from that time.  Of course the video game is OTT wackiness, but some of the designs wouldn't be too out of step with more serious historic miniatures - for example Guan Yu (he of the 'peerless beard') and Xu Huang:



Even in other scales this period and setting seems under-served - personally I think it is a very rich source of inspiration for forces, games and campaigns.  Perhaps if that lotto win comes in I'll commission a range and pay Pendraken to make it for me!!

I've also got a long-term wish to do a decent Anglo-Sikh Wars project in 10mm.  I tried in 15mm previously, but the miniatures were very poor quality so I gave up on that.  I've not found a suitable range in 10mm at all - and especially not the iconic Akali troops:


Plan-list

As for things I have found, one that I keep coming back to is a Great War Middle East project of some form - I'm umming and arring as to this in 10mm or 15mm as I have suitable scenery for either.  That would of course direct me towards one or other ranges!  

I'm also looking at the best options for some Saga Age of Vikings in 10mm or 15mm.  Museum's Normans look awesome (and they sent me a preview mini in my last order which proves it too!) but Lancashire Games have quite a nice little range for Dark Ages in 10mm.  Perhaps it'll be 1066 in 15mm and a few others in 10mm... now my mind is whirring away at the possibilities!

Overall I'm mostly now considering projects that can make use of one of my various scenery collections - think most of Battlescale's ranges in 10mm as well as Eastern Europe/Russia, Ancient Greek and Jungle.  As it's the scenery that takes up the most space, getting multiple-duty out of it is key to diversifying the modelling/gaming options.  In 10mm things that come to me quickly are (in no particular order!) AWI, Spanish Civil War, Peninsular, Crusades, Russian Civil War and I'd quite like to do the 65th Infantry for the Korean War.  In 15mm I'm thinking something for Zona Alfa to use my Black Ops scenery and I'm still thinking about adding a fourth force for Of Gods and Mortals (perhaps jump forwards in time and go Norse?).

Oh the possibilities!

No comments:

Post a Comment