Saturday 5 June 2021

Garden ornament repaint


I've got a few whimsical garden ornaments from Poundland that I thought would work well as scatter for Burrows and Badgers - I think they are designed to look like little archways and the like for faerie-folk.  I picked one at random to have a go at repainting to see if I could improve it a little - first up, this is how it looked straight from Poundland:


Whilst it's useable as is, I wanted a different look so I decided to try my hand at some terracotta tiles, painting the ground to look like stone and repainting the wooden uprights (well, wonky uprights):


I'm pretty happy with how it has turned out - it's given me a workable recipe for terracotta tiles (Vallejo Terracotta, drybrush highlight Terracotta w/Vallejo Buff - this is my personal reminder! 😅)

I plan to repaint the other pieces as little palate cleansers in between more involved painting projects now that I know they turn out OK!

No comments:

Post a Comment