Friday 28 May 2021

Yoritomo Ujiro - Shugenja from Far-Off Nippon


The members of the Mantis Clan of Nippon are the most likely to be encountered in places like Marienburg, Remas or L'Anguille – they are traders and diplomats in the main, but also mercenaries and adventurers.

Ujiro is one such mercenary – but he is also a Shugenja, a sorcerer.  He wields elemental magics of sea and storm and will gladly trade his skills for the golden coins of the men of the West.


This is from the long-defunct Clan War game set in the Legend of the 5 Rings world.  I painted the hand as though invoking some magic power using Nihilakh Oxide.

Long ago I used to run a website dedicated to the L5R RPG - my character then was also called Yoritomo Ujiro (but he wasn't a sorcerer), and I decided to re-use the name to represent a little bit of my history in this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment