Thursday 1 April 2021

Coming clean



For anyone it may have fooled - my post earlier today was an April Fools Day joke.  Of course I don't think GW is 'best of the best' and I certainly have no intentions whatsoever of dropping the eclectic approach to games, miniatures (and even paints) that I follow!

In particular I'd like to confirm that I am absolutely not giving up on historicals - quite the opposite my next new project will be... (here's the reveal for the secret project I've been teasing a bit)... 

The Fenian Raids
I'm planning a couple of small forces (one for the Fenian Brotherhood and one for the Canadians) - these'll be 10mm from Pendraken and I'm planning to use Rebels and Patriots for the ruleset.

The Battle of Ridgeway - Library and Archives Canada

But that's not all - I'm now of the opinion that in most cases 10mm will be my scale of choice for historicals going forward.  So, other ideas I've got include Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth vs Ottomans (really can't shake that one - it keeps coming back to me!) and something with Persians (if I can find a ruleset that will work - I'd like an Ancients Rampant to be released as that rule family is easy enough for my brain to work with these days). I'm also considering something for Lion Rampant (need to find some historical hook that intrigues me for that period - or perhaps imagi-nations?) and I'd also quite like to do something Napoleonic (but no one seems to do the Irish Rebellion of 1798 in smaller scales 😢).  There's also WW2, ECW and more floating around my addled brain!

Put that with all my existing projects and there's a guaranteed variety of stuff to see here, and on my Twitter, for quite some time!

No comments:

Post a Comment