Monday 12 April 2021

Animal Yokai


I thought I'd share a variety of animal yokai I've painted for SMH - first up the Onikuma, a demon bear.  I've gone for dark fur and the classic evil eye colour of red to show his supernatural side:


He'll tower over the monster hunters in games; quite an intimidating beast!

Next up a pair of Nobusuma - this is what happens when a bat lives a long time... (a common origin for all sorts of yokai it seems!)


Finally a couple of different Kamaitachi miniatures - first the paired version:


And a pair of the single variant:


I went for a golden fur like the Japanese Weasel (well kamaitachi is literally 'sickle weasel' after all!) and applied gloss varnish to their claws to reinforce their sharpness.

These are all available from Alternative Armies Sengoku Monster Hunter range.

No comments:

Post a Comment