Saturday 13 March 2021

Sengoku Snakes


The last of the more numerous enemy type for Sengoku Monster Hunter is the Snakemen.  I researched a little into snakes from Japan - I knew I didn't want any complex patterns to try to replicate across multiple miniatures, so instead I took some inspiration from the Okinawa Habu and went with a golden look (I made mine brighter to highlight their strangeness).

First, a group armed with katana:


And some with tetsubo:


And a group of archers too:


Finally, one with a naginata.  I might make some special rules for her and treat her as the second in command to the snakemen!


For the iron fan wielding Snakeman commander I went a little different and made him an albino:


It doesn't photograph very well 😓 - it's much better in reality I promise!

And finally for the snakes - the Snake Demon.  I liked the clearly unnatural colour used on the Alternative Armies site and went with my own take on it:


Keep an eye out for more SMH stuff soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment