Sunday 14 March 2021

Frontline Wargaming - Resin Scatter for Bethany, Nevada


When I picked up the DMH stuff I took the opportunity to pick up some resin scatter terrain at the same time - this'll be useful for DMH, Dracula's America and Malifaux so it's a good investment I think!

This scatter terrain is from Frontline Wargaming - but thankfully it was available through Great Escape Games as the Frontline Wargaming website is, quite frankly, a relic of a bygone age.

Anyway, on to the pieces - I knew I had to have some outhouses (blame it on Bill and Ted):


At least there'll be someplace in Bethany for the yellow bellied to go hide during a shoot out!

The outhouses are single piece castings and definitely give some flavour to a Wild West type scenery collection.

I also picked up the three pack of water troughs - one has a pump which is a nice detail:


A bit of water effect to the tops after painting and they'll look the part I think!

Finally I opted for the Water Tower - one of those iconic structures for a Western Town I think! 


All the pieces have nice texture and details and didn't require too much clean up, however one of the outhouses, one of the troughs and part of the water tower were all damaged during transit.  I've bought plenty of resin pieces over the years and these were the first to suffer such breakages on their way to me which was a bit disappointing.  I managed to fix them, but it wasn't easy and for some reason the Frontline resin seems to not bond as quickly with glue as other resin I'm used to working with.

That said, I'm still really happy to have these pieces in the collection; they go a long way to making our little town feel more real!

No comments:

Post a Comment