Sunday 7 February 2021

The Kushites - Hêtshepsu's Retinue


"Get off me! Arrgh!! Help!" screamed the prone Roman legionary as a warcat savaged his left leg. 

Hêtshepsu walked toward the man calmly, and in a gentle tone ordered his pet, Nebibi, off.

"Now, Roman, tell me what you and your accursed band were planning in this most holy temple?" the chieftain addressed the bloodied legionary.

The Roman spat "I'll not answer to you, Kushite scum"

With a flash Hêtshepsu swung his heavy golden scepter into the face of his enemy and the legionary fell silent.

"Well if you won't tell me, I suppose we'll have to hunt down more of your people to get to the root of this."


And now for the final warband for Broken Legions - my homebrew crew, the Kushites.  These, except where mentioned otherwise, are all from Warlord's range - but last I checked they weren't available as they are due to be re-released later in 2021.

Anyway, first up the Chieftain, Hêtshepsu and his beloved warcat Nebibi:


I gave the Chieftain a spare shield and clipped the leash off the cat so he could be based separately.

Bringing some divine/magical power to the band is the Priest of Apedemak - called Anok Sabé.  Of course, as a priest of a lion god he had to be accompanied by a lion! The rather hefty lion is called Baraka and is from DeeZee Miniatures:


A pair of Champions round out the Heroes choices.  Here's Mkhai (L) and Khenti (R):


Carrying the warband's standard is a proud chap named Ashai:


Providing a strong core to the warband are the warriors (L-R) Wati, Mdjai, Buikhu, Nomti and Urshé:


Of course, with the Kushites being famed archers it was important to have a strong contingent of bow-armed troops too! (L-R) Shenti, Sebi, Benipé, Adjo and Mshai:


I'm really pleased with how they've turned out - I'm glad I waited until I had suitable skin tone paints from Foundry for these guys.  As with the rest of the Broken Legions collection they feature tufts from Tajima 1 and Boon Town Metals so place them all in the same world.

So, that's all the warbands for Broken Legions - but there's still plenty to come; auxilia and wandering monsters... then there's the small matter of playing some games! 😆

1 comment: