Tuesday 16 February 2021

A rival clan is forming!


I've been chipping away at all sorts of bits and pieces recently - one of the projects is a rival clan for games of Test of Honour (etc).  These are all from the Perry Miniature Samurai range and at most needed their sashimono and yari attaching.

First up, the Samurai to lead the force:


Very dynamic poses as you can see - as this will be my wife's force she picked the minis from the pack that she wanted to use 😀

I tried to make this a mirror of my own force options-wise - so added a bannerman and a conch blower:


I also added the three 'sergeant' types - one each for spears, archers and arquebusiers:


And finally for now, some yari-armed troops.  For these I didn't use the metal spears provided by Perry, I used some plastic spears from a freebie sprue of ashigaru that came with Wargames Illustrated:


I'll show the missile-armed troops soon (ish) - but I'm happy to have finally got the 'other' side of this project underway!

No comments:

Post a Comment