Sunday 20 December 2020

Tiny Crusades - Oasis and more


I knew I needed (and wanted) some suitable scenery pieces for the Tiny Crusades project - so back to Irregular Miniatures it was!

For the Arab half of the project I opted for the Oasis from the 6mm Scenics and Accessories range - now, as usual with these kinds of things it seems the description was vague and didn't really confirm to me what I was going to be getting but I thought what the heck and went for it anyway; and I wasn't disappointed!

First, and rather obviously, the Oasis piece itself - a pool base with a selection of different palm trees to surround it:

The one lying down just needs its hole on the base cleaning up and it'll fit right in.  The ones with the spread out palms come as two pieces, the others are single piece.

The listing on Irregular also mentions 'flat topped house' - well it turns out the pack included three such buildings, each a different design too:


But that's not all the pack included - there was also what looks to be a little market scene and a tent:


Finally the pack also included some pack camels - two strips of sitting camels and one strip being led by a merchant perhaps:


It's a great pack - full of useful and characterful pieces that will really tie the table to the setting.

I also picked up the Copse of Palm Trees as an obstacle on the battlefield.  This pack includes a solid base plate and an assortment of palm trees (the same types as the Oasis):


I think it's a really useful piece for this project so I'm happy to have it in the collection.

The baseplate for the Copse needed a little bit of flattening but nothing too scary or difficult (flat surface and gentle pressure from my hand did the trick).

So, a nice little selection of pieces that can help populate a desert-y table for clashes between my Arabs and Crusaders!

1 comment: