Tuesday 22 December 2020

Tiny Crusades - Crusader Camp


So, having decided on the Arab (and natural) scenery I knew I needed some stuff for the Crusader half of the table - I opted for the Crusader Camp pack from Irregular's 6mm Scenics and Accessories range.

The description starts with Tents - so I was expecting a couple... got a few more though!!


A nice mix of sizes there - the only tricky bit is deciding which Military Order will get which tent(s) 🤔

The pack also included a selection of pack camels and camp attendants to give it some character and life:


The description also included horse traps - which I'm not sure I'll do anything with, but it's of course a sensible inclusion in the pack:


The pack also included a few pieces not mentioned in the listing - which is a shame as they are very characterful little details!  First, a couple of bases of supplies:


The photos don't really do these justice - there are sacks and crates and lots of detail there.

Finally, the pack includes some camp fires, a cooking station (with some roast beast) and some armour on a cross (now, I'm not sure if that is just the big boss' armour, some kind of Crusader tropaion or a grave marker - I guess I need to do my research!):


These little pieces will go a long way to making the camp feel like a living place rather than just tents - they were a very nice surprise in the pack!

I think this, with the Oasis and Copse I covered earlier will do for terrain - although I do want some rock formations or something to help break up the battlefield a bit more (I'm hoping if I'm careful with size they will also be useful for other games in different scales too).

1 comment: