Tuesday 3 November 2020

Steel Phalanx reinforcements: the Myrmidons

 


I saw that the Steel Phalanx had basically gone the way of QK and NCA (and MRRF but I don't have any of those) so wanted to make sure that I picked up some of the more glaring holes in that part of my collection.

The Steel Phalanx starter and a couple of blisters were actually my first Infinity purchase - mostly because I really liked (and still like) the Nesaie Alkê mini!  They'd been a little left behind as I expanded the collection out into a few other forces, but the time felt right to return to those roots!

So, I started looking around to track down some staples bits and bobs - and they are starting to arrive!

First up, other than named characters I only had a couple of Myrmidons (the hacker from the starter set and the officer mini) so I knew the Myrmidon box was a 'must':


This has one with Chain Rifle, one with Combi Rifle and one with a Boarding Shotgun - as well as one with just a CCW (so can proxy as any profile).

The only Myrmidon profile I was then missing was the Spitfire toting one - which I was also able to pick up:


It's a cool mini - I'll even try to look past his tactical rock! 😅

I'm glad to have finally added the Myrmidons to the collection - I think most Steel Phalanx players would have thought me mad with how few I had! 

No comments:

Post a Comment