Wednesday 28 October 2020

Nagai Yasunari and friends


Back when Test of Honour was first a thing I got the starter set - but wasn't keen on the style of the plastics, so instead I put together a force from almost entirely Perry Miniatures wonderful Samurai range

Now, a while later and as we have an organise/clear out of our house I've found the force (one chap did make a guest appearance on the blog posing a little while back, see if you recognise any of them!) so thought I'd share them here as the mood strikes me.

Before I start, I feel I should make it absolutely clear that I paint my samurai and the likes as though they are in a Sengoku Musō game - colourful and without particular regard for historical accuracy of any kind! I'm really not sure why I thought circles would make good heraldry though 😅

That out of the way, what better way to start this series of posts than with the samurai to head up the force - and the leader is Nagai Yasunari:


He counts two boon companions - first Yamashita Takeshi, strong and true:


And Ishiwatari Kazunobu, a wily older warrior and mentor to Yasunari:


Finally for the samurai, and the only non-Perry miniature (it's the armourless samurai from Warlord that was part of the original Test of Honour pack - now found in a Warlords of Erehwon set I believe), Yasunari is sometimes joined by a master swordsman who eschews the use of armour; Amisaki Hyotaru:


I'll share more from this force when I've had time to check them over and photograph them - if you love blue clothes and armour you'll surely enjoy this project 😂

No comments:

Post a Comment