Monday 5 October 2020

Fenris Games triple bill


I've spread my hobby funds around this period and one of the first I knew I wanted to buy from was Fenris Games.

I knew I needed something to use as a Sacred Ground scenery piece for Saga Age of Magic for one or more of the armies I have for it - I spotted the Spiral Glyph Stones set  (4 pieces) and thought this could work superbly for Albainn, but also for Érainn if I don't get a better idea!  When done it will also work well for Broken Legions too, as well as other fantasy games no doubt!

I took a picture with old Flavius from my Broken Legions collection as he was to hand:


I'll arrange these on an MDF base of a suitable size with some ground texturing.  If I'm careful with the tufts/grass choices it could work well-enough in a range of our games.

I know that I want some columns for games like Broken Legions and Mortal Gods so picked up a pack of Scrolltop Doric columns as a taster.  I have no doubt that I'll end up getting more from Fenris' extensive column range!  Flavius again serves as a guide to scale:


Not entirely sure how to approach using these - but I am sure they'll prove useful once I get my thinking cap on!

Finally for this order I added the Rubble City caryatid columns (square) - these are really nice.  I plan to put these on suitable MDF bases and keep them quite simple.  Like the other columns these'll work great for Broken Legions and Mortal Gods - but could have other uses depending on where future projects take me!  Here's Flavius striking a pose with them:


Hmm, think a ruined bit of roof section would make a nice bit of difficult ground to place between the two columns... Fenris stuff always has me thinking!

As these items were all available in stock they came quick - and as you can see only minimal clean up is required.  All of them were great value too, so I can definitely recommend them.

2 comments: