Thursday 4 June 2020

Autumn Trees and Flowering Bushes

We want to get playing some games - especially things like Dragon Rampant and Burrows & Badgers - but of course we needed some scenery actually assembled and painted!

I thought I'd start quite gently with some basics - trees and bushes (the ones I got from Arcane Scenery and Models).

I based them on appropriately sized round MDF bases, textured with my standard sand dip and gave them a quick, basic paint job.  I deliberately didn't embellish the bases further as I intend to use them with a range of games - and the minis for those games will certainly have different basing themes (for the tufts and grass etc).

Here's the taller of the trees first - with a couple of minis to give a sense of scale (as they were still hanging around since the previous photo shoot they were used in!):


I think they'll work well either placed together as a copse or as random single trees.

The bushes pack I got included two with yellow flowers and four with red - again these can be placed as groups or single bushes:


I think these will work even better as trees in 15mm games - here's the rest of the pack with a 15mm Ral Partha Orc and a Two Dragons Samurai:


I'm pleased with these - simple but will do the job, hopefully looking decent while they do it!

1 comment: