Wednesday 29 April 2020

Fenris Games - Drystone Walls


I've been in a bit of a painting funk recently - I'd been painting a lot of bases mud/sand to keep going but I wasn't in a painting mode.  I looked at my primed stash and thought the rather excellent Drystone Walls from Fenris Games would make for a good way back into the swing of things.  The incredible textures in these pieces would lend themselves to washes and drybrushes and help give me a sense of accomplishment when they were all done.  Here they are:




I had primed them with some cheap sandstone/beige, so just used a wash and a half of diluted Soft Tone Army Painter wash and then drybrushed with Skeleton Bone (again Army Painter).  Really simple, but really effective (I think) to get these table-ready.  They are really verstaile pieces which will find use in a lot of games - I was so happy with them I thought I'd have a bit of fun!

Irish Rebels take shelter

 Shadowpaw's Company await their next victim...

 I really recommend Fenris Games - and these walls are the best I've seen; they make even novice painters like me look a lot better than I am!

1 comment: