Wednesday 13 November 2019

Bad Squiddo Games - Amazons and Dwarf

I've been an admirer of the aim of Bad Squiddo Games for a long time - providing gamers, hobbyists and collectors with the largest range of female miniatures out there.


I was able to back the last KS (Amazons and Dwarfs) a little bit to support the continuing development of Bad Squiddo's own miniatures lines.  I was only able to pick up a couple of minis, and there was an awesome range to choose from.

I opted first for Thea, Amazon Champion - I love the classic heroic pose on this one and that helmet is so cool:


I intend to use Thea as a Demigod in Broken Legions.

I also picked up Kythera, Dwarf Barbarian - this is based on Bad Squiddo's owner's friend which is really cool!


This fierce Dwarf will find her way into the Hireling Agency for Mordheim.

After the KS closed I was able to pick up a pack of Amazon Heroines.  First this warrior resplendent in her finely decorated armour:


She also comes with an awesome shield:


My ropey photography doesn't do it justice - it's amazing!

The pack also includes a protégé - a smaller companion and a really characterful sculpt:


I'm calling this pair Kassandra and Phoibe and I'm intending to homebrew some special rules for them in Broken Legions.

The minis were really well cast, minimal clean-up needed to get them ready.  I've already got my eye on quite a few things from Bad Squiddo - the Shieldmaidens in particular are on my wish list in some number!

I recommend checking out Bad Squiddo if you haven't already - maybe I'll see you on the next KS?

1 comment: