Tuesday 1 January 2019

Dark Ages Irish - Forannán's War Host


I grabbed the Saga rulebook a while ago, and had been eyeing up the War Banner (Footsore) Dark Ages Irish minis since then.  Well, I took the plunge and picked up their starter warband deal and a couple of other bits and pieces.

Of course, every army needs a leader - and mine is Forannán, a mighty warlord (or so he says):


I also picked up the Irish Infantry Command blister - primarily for these two chaps, which I inted to field as Curadh:


These I will call (L-R) Éogan and Dunchad.

The Warlord and the two chaps above came with banner bearers (and in the case of my Curadh a hornblower).  I've based these up ready for inclusion in units however is needed:


The army deal included two units of Fianna (Heathguard) with Axes:



These can be Cormac's Fianna and Rónán's Fianna.

The deal was rounded out with two units of Bonnachts (warriors) armed with shield and javelins:



These I'll call Fintan's Bonnachts and Dáire's Bonnachts.

Finally I picked up a unit of warhounds, couldn't really miss out on these:


The hound master I'll call Lugaid.

These are mostly single piece models (except the shields of course) and the javelins/standard poles needed to be purchased seperately and the hands drilled through.  Nothing too taxing - although the axes were quite bent and almost impossible to get back straight which is a shame.  A couple of the Bonnacht have mould lines right down their faces which has reduced the detail a little.  Still, for the value these minis offer they are still fair in my opinion.

Now these have been prepped and base dipped they can join the priming queue!

No comments:

Post a Comment