Sunday 13 January 2019

Autumn... well, at least in The Bear's Wood


I decided upon an autumnal theme for the basing for our Burrows and Badgers warbands.  Of course, that meant needing to source some suitable scatters and details.

My absolute must was some fallen leaves - nothing says autumn quite like leaf litter.  I looked around and found some suitable options from Javis. I decided upon the Autumn Fine Leaf Scatter, which I found at Hobbies 24/7.  Their service was super smooth - I'll definitely check them out as one of my options for future hobby material needs.


It comes in its own baggie which is helpful and there's plenty in the bag for both warbands and then some.

Of course, you may know that Serious-Play is one of my go-tos for basing stuff so I searched their extensive catalogue for autumn-themed elements and picked out a few.  First up is their Orange Flowers and Bushes Tufts - I already know how great their tufts are so knew I wanted some to give some pops of colour and texture:


This is what they call a taster sheet - which is perfect for skirmish gamers as it has 52 tufts.  You can buy them in greater volumes if you are a large-army kind of gamer.

I also decided to try some of their lichen - of course it had to be their Autumn Mix:


Just look at those colours! These'll look great on the bases of larger models like my wife's Badger or my Fox.

Finally I picked up a bag of their Creeping Undergrowth in dark red:


This will look great to represent roots, brambles and the like. It's a packed bag too - there's loads in it!

Serious-Play never disappoints, the service was great as always - although I had to get these from their eBay shop as they didn't have the Creeping Undergrowth seperately on their own site for some reason.

These will really help our warbands tie thematically together and to our favourite season!


1 comment: