Sunday 18 November 2018

The Thing in the Woods


In the small settlements near to the Bärenwälder there are rumours of a fearsome beast that calls those dark woods home.  On the blackest, foggiest nights a dirge-like howl can be heard piercing the gloom - the sensible flee, the foolhardy may see the dim glow of wyrdstone before becoming prey to the entity known only as The Thing in the Woods.


Originally released as part of the Empire in Flames expansion/setting, my wife got me one of the Thing in the Woods miniatures when I first started getting back into wargaming.  Given the silly prices this is going for these days I'm glad she picked one up then!

I decided to paint the weird lower jaw part and spikes in a matching scheme to represent wyrdstone to tie it in with the Mordheim setting.


While according to the rules I could do with another Thing, that's not gonna happen so I'll cook a scenario or two up for use with this beast!

1 comment: