Sunday 9 September 2018

Oghu Worshippers - My Albainn Host List


While I already had the Érainn and Kernowek planned and sorted, there have been some superb offers from Mierce over the years and with the quality of the miniatures I couldn't resist making my Darklands collection a triple!  The stone-worshippers of the Albainn (think Darklands Picts) are superb miniatures and the starter hosts have proven excellent value over the time I've been into the range.


The Albainn are characterised by their cheap human troops and a variety of Ogre- and Giant-like allied races.  All allied together through a desire to protect the Oghu stones and to turn away those who would invade and take their lands.


I've built up quite a good collection and can field a host of 2500 gold (well, when it is assembled and painted at least!)

Mormaer (morarfis)
10 Gairlom
12 Elbharu
Savage Oghurüc

(host command - think of it as the King's court of closest advisors)
Oghurithne Unund
Sagart (Block, Oghu Power and Stone Shatter)
Skyclad Aurmaer (Oghu Woad)

Oghurithne Umaer
5 Oghurithne
2 Oghurithne Hunters
2 Goghu

Umaer (shield)
Oghurigg (bound)
10 Gairlom
Aurogg

Golgog Goat-Eater
2 Slēanbera
Cocwocor
Felljötunn

Coming to a total of 2496 gold as at Albainn list v1.24

Just like Alix for my Kernowek, Golgog is a sell-sword.  He's an Oghur freebooter from Albainn, but he lets you take a motley crew of monstrous infantry from any other kindred - I've got 2 axe-swinging bears from the Beornica realm of the Anglecynn, a shrieking draconid-man from the Brythoniaid and a towering Felljötunn of the Norse.  This allows me to collect my favourite monsters from the whole Darklands range but still have a gaming use for them. Good stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment