Sunday 26 August 2018

Defenders of Eriu - My Érainn Host List


I first got into Darklands with the New Kindred campaign - which launched the Érainn kindred. I hadn't been aware of the setting or the range previously, but I was quickly captured by it. An alternate Dark Ages Europe - with a wide range of kindred to choose from and the best fantasy miniatures I've ever seen. What was not to like?  The premise of man-sized warriors supported by monstrous infantry of various types and even bigger monsters makes for a variety of list building options too.



Of course, the Érainn spoke to a part of my blood - it was the start of my mini-obsession with all sorts of Irish related armies/warbands (more to come on that on the blog in due time!).  Naturally the awesome miniatures helped seal the deal - the fact they had a rather kick-ass Irishwoman (just like my wife!) who I could take as a commander made it a must-do army!



Caitrín is probably one of my all-time favourite miniatures - if you want one of your own (yes, the miniature is true to the amazing artwork) check it out on the Mierce Webstore (no, I'm not affiliated with them beyond loving their quality products!)

Over time I've been building up my Érainn army and have (almost) all of what I need to field a 2500 gold army... although I still have to assemble, prime and paint it all!

Here's what I have planned:

Uí Néill Ri Tuath (helmet)
10 Tuanagh (veteran)
Oak Beast

(host command - think of it as the King's court of closest advisors)
Deais (sword, host banner)
Druí (Gáe Bulga, Life of the Land, Twisting Roots)
Curadh (Corselet)

Uí Néill Taioseach (sling)
10 Maiobhanagh
5 Peat Beasts

Ancient Fen Beast
5 Fen Beasts
Bog Beast

Connacht Taioseach (Axe)
10 Tuanagh
2 Fir Bholg Hurlers (bound)
2 Fir Bholg Hurlers

Coming in (as at v1.17 of the muster list) at 2497 gold.

I'd like to add some Fiannagh and maybe another Druí (with Sleanagh mainstay) further down the line to finish off this army, but for now I've got plenty to be getting on with!

2 comments: