Tuesday 12 September 2023

One man's junk is another's treasure and all that


Recently I got a job lot of second hand Malifaux minis and thought I'd run through the contents here.

First up, three quarters of the first Hoffman starter; Charles himself, a Watcher and a Hunter.  As I don't have a Mechanical Attendant I don't see these getting much use as a crew themselves, but I'll prep and paint them someday for the fun of it!


Next a mostly whole selection of chaps made using the male character kit for Through the Breach (I believe).  The duster/hat guy could potentially proxy as something Guild (with a fix as he is missing a sword), but the Neverborn dude with a gatling gun is utter madness!


I also got Sonnia Criid (alternate version) - thanks to Wargaming Threads for help in identifying!


Next is the metal Samael Hopkins (picture not great as he is primed and has a basecoat on some leather).  


Here we have the first plastic version of The Scribe, Lucius' totem. 


Next is an on-sprue version of the Restless Spirit in red - have to admit I never saw much point in the coloured plastic stuff as it'll end up painted anyway!


Here's a part painted Ama No Zako:


Next up was a pair of Crooligans (the best two IMO):


The box also included McCabe (foot and mounted) and the three Ruffians from his starter box (no Sidir or Luna but I do already have this box so it's no great shakes!)



Next was Somer and Lenny from the previous starter - these have weirdly oversized scenic elements which have claimed a foot each from the gremlins... if I can salvage the feet I might use these as alternate options for my other Somer and Lenny.


Here's McTavish and his big boy gator:



And a mostly complete Rail/Metal Golem (which to be honest I might just turn into something for Dracula's America):



Next up was a Pale Rider:


A pretty much painted Killjoy was also in the box:


As well as a selection of minis from the Plague keyword.  Some of these I might press into service for Dracula's America.


Next is the previous Lady Justice starter - some on sprue, with the Death Marshals salvageable:


Then there was a Sanctioned Spellcaster that will fit in with my Witch Hunters, an Austringer and a Pathfinder:


Next was a selection of Guard keyword minis.


And the Dashel from the previous Lucius box - as I have no Dispatcher I might use this to take him as a second master, probably in his Dashel2 form.


Then there was Johan - I've got both male and female versions now!


Next up is a metal Lord Chompy Bits - this will definitely get used in Dracula's America:


Then there was a selection of Obliteration keyword minis, which most notably included Karina, so I could feasibly get say Tara2 and make use of these all together:


Next was some Freikorps, including notably Hannah Lovelace, which I think is an awesome model so I'm really happy to have it!



Almost finally was the highlight of the box - the now OOP Avatar of Amalgamation (counts as Arcane Emissary):


Finally there was this mini that I am yet to identify from either the Malifaux range or otherwise - all I know is it is metal!


If you recognise her, please let me know!

In all, whilst it was a very random selection, there's lot of usable bits and pieces in there - the Avatar, Hannah, Lady Justice and Obliteration stuff in particular stands out and definitely made it represent good value for me.

1 comment: