Thursday 16 September 2021

Romanians


And the next force in my 10mm WW2 project is Romanians - you might remember from previous posts this is to provide an Eastern Front gaming opportunity and also it's a bit of a 'what if' (more on that later).  Everything is from Pendraken's range - it was seeing just how many options they had for the Romanians that convinced me to take the plunge on this particular force.

Anyway, like almost always, we start with a Lieutenant and his buddies:


And, equally as almost always, an infantry squad (two of these, but as they are the same composition I've only photographed one):


I also included a mortar - with spotter:


And a couple of pieces of artillery to make use of one of the Romanian special rules:


Of course, these meant I'd need some tows - I ended up going for a couple of Artillery Tractors.  These are Komsomolets, which is fudging it a bit, but I really didn't fancy any more Blitzes or other trucks cause I've got plenty of those in other forces!


Finally, and this is the prime 'what if' - a Panther Ausf.G.  From everything I have been able to find out the Romanians didn't get any of these until after the war - but that's no barrier to me!  


Now if Pendraken do one of the TACAMs then I'd certainly be inspired to add that as an option to make it a little less of a 'what if' force!

But that Panther won't have gone unnoticed in my 'what if' world... I'm sure those Soviets will have something up their sleeve to counter it...

No comments:

Post a Comment