Saturday 7 August 2021

Last of the Empire's Humans


I've got the last of the human elements for the Empire part of the 'good guys' side of the Rampanthammer project.

First up, a Mortar:


The Mortar piece itself is from Pendraken's Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth range.  The crew are from their Landsknechte range.

I also have a couple of units of Knights - these are Pendraken Medieval Late European men-at-arms on barded horses:


Finally, to use as an Elector Count and overall leader for the army I got the 'Elf Hero on Griffen' from Alternative Armies for a Griffon mount.  It's designed for 15mm, but it was all I could find that came with saddle etc.  I used a TB Line Eastern European Heavy Cavalry rider from Pendraken, with a headswap and a banner pole (repurposed lance) from Pendraken's Early 16th century English/Scots men-at-arms that I mistakenly ordered (a happy mistake as it turns out!):


As you can see, the Griffon is rather large - but the more I look at it the happier I am with it.  I felt that the Empire half of this project needed some centrepiece to really put the army in the fantasy world rather than just be Landsknechte with a Wizard.  I think this chap fulfils that need quite well! 

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely on the Griffin, I have to wonder how weedy a 10mm one would be as this looks ideal

    ReplyDelete