Thursday 8 July 2021

Athenian Lochos complete!


I wanted to share the first of my completed 15mm Lochos for Mortal Gods - the Athenians.  These are all from Museum Miniatures 'Z' range.

First the heroes for the band:-


I decided to mark the heroes out a bit from their comrades by giving them shield designs - in this case an Alpha character.

Next are a couple of groups of Heavy Hoplites:


And a couple of groups of Light Hoplites:


Providing the Lochos with some ranged threat are a couple of groups of Archers:


Finally there were three individual Hoplites of various 'weight' that can use up some points when needed:


I'm happy with how the Athenians have turned out - I kept to the blue and white so that they would stand out from the Spartans and Mercenaries.  I also decided to keep the heroes' shields as the only ones with decoration - partially to mark them out, but also freehand isn't a strong point and I'd rather have nice and clean than wobbly bodge-job designs. 🤷  The tufts are the ToeFunk 2mm ones (paired on the larger hero bases with the odd Tajima1 slightly larger tuft in similar colours).

No comments:

Post a Comment