Saturday 19 June 2021

Easter Monday 1643


So you may already be aware that I've started a project inspired by the Battle of Camp Hill (also known as the Battle of Birmingham) - I'm covering the Royalist side, led by Prince Rupert, with Trials of a Casual Wargamer taking on the role of the plucky Brummies.

I'm using Pendraken miniatures for the project - and as always they are rather excellent (and superb value too).

Today I'm sharing the prepped miniatures - starting with the Horse.  I've got two units of these, with this one being led by Rupert - accompanied by his (in)famous dog, Boy:


I've also got some units of Dragoons - these I've adopted the suggested style in The Pikeman's Lament of using both mounted and dismounted miniatures in each unit:


I also included some Foot units for the force of course, including both Pike and Shot elements for each:


Finally I had a few leftover minis so couldn't resist a cheeky unit of Commanded Shot/Forlorn Hope:


As always, I've not attempted to recreate a historical force, I've just taken inspiration from what I've read to make a varied but relatively plausible collection.

1 comment: