Sunday 18 April 2021

Battlescale buildings, barricades and hedges


You may recall me posting about the scenery I ordered specifically for this project from Battlescale - I'm happy to be able to say that it is all painted and ready for gaming with!

First up the buildings - you may have followed the journey on Twitter of my painting these.  I eventually settled on a recipe for both the brick work and the thatch, which I'm recording here for my future reference!

Stone - GW Mechanicus Standard Grey, AP Strong Tone, GW Mechanicus Standard Grey (drybrush), AP Field Grey (drybrush), GW Administratum Grey Grey (drybrush)

Thatch - Vallejo Iraqi Sand, AP Military Shader, GW Ogryn Flesh, Vallejo Iraqi Sand drybrush.

Now that's done - here they are!

Starting with the pair of crofts (the one on the right shows the rear of the croft):


Next the Barn and Cattle Byre:


As you can see the Barn is a larger piece - the Byre has the additional detail of the trough which is a nice touch.

Finally for the buildings I have the Pig Pen - complete with a Pendraken pig. She's called Cailín by the way!


I've given the mud in the pen a coat of gloss varnish to make it look somewhat wet.  I really like this piece and think it'll add a very fun element to the gaming table.

Next we have the Hasty Earthworks pack.  I kept these really simple - as they are useful for a range of settings I went with my standard non-desert base colour:


Finally we have a selection of hedges (Vallejo Extra Dark Green, AP Strong Tone, GW Death World Forest drybrush):


Here's a close-up too:


I really enjoyed painting all of these pieces - I'll certainly be picking up more from Battlescale for a few 10mm projects!

1 comment: