Tuesday 17 November 2020

Steel Phalanx reinforcements: the characters


As you may have seen, I've been plugging some gaps in the Steel Phalanx collection before they are retired - well the final things I felt I needed were some of the characters (they are such a big part of the flavour of the Phalanx after all!).

First, Ajax the Great - I'd put off getting him for ages, despite liking the mini, but now was the time to take the plunge:


Check out that hammer 😱

I also knew I wanted Teucer, the Agêma Warrant Officer - although I prefer the Atalanta mini (with her Spotbot) I couldn't miss out on this Feuerbach-wielding mini:


I also took the opportunity to grab Thamyris the Aoidos before he disappeared:


Finally, although he's not due to be retired, I also added Achilles v2 (Hoplite Armour) as I prefer it to the original Achilles and thought I should really have the option of the 'Individual of Mass Destruction' available to the Phalanx:


That probably completes what I want for the Phalanx - unless I find a Machaon someplace.  I toyed with the idea of a couple more Ekdromoi and Diomedes but I'm on the fence - I do already have one Ekdromos and the Diomedes mini seems very slight. We'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment