Saturday 19 September 2020

UFOキャッチャー for Neo-Shinjuku


One of the Neo-Shinjuku wishlist items we put to Bazza_18 was the UFO Catcher (you know, teddy picker arcade machine) - we've won so much playing these machines across Tokyo during our trips we really wanted one on the tabletop! Well, after trying some stuff out, the main man Bazza_18 has come up trumps!  

The main structure comes in four parts (with some additional clear plastic screens to cut to size for the windows - not pictured):


The listing also included a great selection of toys to fill the machine with... (wait, one of those looks like a deadly prize!) - as I understand it these were printed in resin for the improved detail too:


Of course, I couldn't resist dryfitting this set to give you an idea of how it'll look - and Domaru-chan fancied trying her luck:


"If I can't get a Pompompurin charm, I'm gonna go for that kawaii plush instead! <3"

This kit is, simply put, absolutely amazing - it's turned out even better than I'd have dared hope! As with everything else from Bazza_18, I can totally recommend it - and this will work from modern through near-future and cyberpunk and beyond.  It's an incredibly fun and characterful kit and I'm really proud to have it in our collection!

2 comments: